CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Alzheimer's Disease

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..

Alzheimer's Disease

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea for nearly two years and have been told it is very severe, having on average 104 apnoea's an hour. With a bi-pap machine I am producing on average 54 an hour. A jaw misalignment is responsible for this. I feel better with treatment, however what concerns me are articles I read stating that the condition can contribute toward Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia. Only today picked up a magazine Woman's Own where a Prof Kamami? commented on this so called fact. Is there any truthis this, does anyone know if this is actual fact? I am OSA can lead to heart problems, stroke, raised BP and Glaucoma. Anybody have any information regarding this please?

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Alzheimer's Disease

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 pm

That is a bit misleading!
Yes it can cause all of what you have posted, but if untreated.
After you are on CPAP of any kind the risk is far less.
If you are on a CPAP machine of any kind and have a decent level of events I wouldn't worry about it.
I think your events could be a little better than they maybe are with a bit of tweaking, but as I don't have access to your data I can't comment.
There is a forum that will help you get better results, but you have to be prepared to follow their advice.
Over 100 events in an hour! How did you find the time? :shock:
S2S - Sleep2Snore